Supporting Our Families & Community during Covid-19
Boyle Family Resource Centre response to Covid19
Here is a list of various services in our community to support you during Covid-19. We are all working together to support you & yours as best we can through this pandemic. Call us on 071 9663000 or email email@example.com
(If you would like your service to be added to the list, please email Karen on Famcomm@boylefrc.ie)
Boyle Family Resource Centre
- From Monday 16th of March our door will be closed, but we are still there.
- There will be staff at the end of the phone and email from 9:00am-1:00pm & 2:00pm - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Please do not hesitate to call us, even if only for a chat, thats what we are there for.
- Keep an eye on our facebook/instagram/twitter for resources for you to use at home.
- Family Support is still available Monday - Friday 9:00am -1:00pm & 2:00pm - 5:00pm. Just call the centre and someone will get back to you as quick as possible. If you need to phone for support at other times, please call us and we will call you back. Contact Numbers: Boyle Family Resource Centre: 071 9663000 / Foroige Boyle Youth & Family Support: 086 388 0738 / Tusla Family Support: 087 190 7681
- Boyle Food Partnership If you recieve food from the Centre and are either in quarintine, self-isolation, please contact the centre if you require food.
- We appreciate this is an uneasy time for all, we are here for you, your family and our community.
- Please contact Boyle FRC if you would like support or a listening ear on 071 96 63000.
- Website: We have boredum busters and parenting tips on our 'Resources' section of our webpage (Click 'Services' tab on website homepage - 'Resources' is at the bottom of the page )
Boyle Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Service is open although the door is closed! Counselling & Psychotherapy services are suspended face to face from Thursday 19th March. This includes Play Therapy, Family Therapy and Adolescent therapy.
- We are offering the following services over the phone (with or without picture) or email: Couselling, Psychotherapy, Family Therapy & Adolescent Therapy Phone calls of support
- We have supended payment for supended payment for services at this time.
- Our services have always been on a sliding scale; €10 - €50. We ask that if you are in the position to do so, you can make a donation to Boyle FRC in the future in lieu of services.
CV19 Boyle Assist Group
- We can arrange collection or delivery of food/medication if you are ill /isolation or in quarantine. Just contact Boyle Family Resource Centre on 071 96 63000.
- If you would like to sign up to be a volunteer, just give the centre a call. Thank you to all the volunetters who have signed up so far.
- We will do our best to help you. We are working behind closed doors, should you need anything, please call us.
COVID Community Support Helpline
A helpdesk will respond to the needs of the vulnerable memebers of our community
8:00am to 8:00pm - Roscommon County Council
8:00pm to 8:00am - An Garda Síochána
7 Days a Week
Boyle GardaíOur neighbours Boyle Gardaí are here to help our community during Covid-19. Boyle Gardaí focus is on supporting our communities. Where vulnerable and isolated persons are identified with no local supports, or where supports are no longer possible due to COVID-19, An Garda Síochána will support these persons. Call Boyle Garda station on 071 9664620 or Castlerea 094 9621630 (24 hour).
There could be someone you know being physically, verbally, emotionally or sexually abused and needs support. People who are experiencing abuse and have not yet left the relationship are now going to be more challenged with the prospect of having the abusive partner at home for longer periods of time.
Roscommon Safelink are available to listen, support, and provide information to females and males who find themselves in situations of abuse. Roscommon Safe Link can be reached on 071 9664200 or on 086 2300 353. You can also contact them through messenger on Facebook or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tusla - Family Support & Home Management, Boyle
- Tusla Family Support is available over the phone, call 087 190 7681.
- The Home Management Team in Roscommon provide practical support and advice to families North and South of county Roscommon in all areas managing the home; from housing option, household finances and household routines, to meal planning and nutritional advice.
- North Roscommon: Contact Louise on 097 607 0606 or email Louise.Brady2@Tusla.ie
- South Roscommon: Contact Arlene on 087 721 2861 or email Arlene.molloy@Tusla.ie
Roscommon Youth Service
Roscommon Youth Services are still here to support young people!! Although their groups have been cancelled our youth work team are here to chat. Phone, text or email Rosocmmon Youth services. If you dont have credit to call, you can send them a text/whatsapp asking them to call you.
- Gary Nugent 086 0105547
- Sean Fleming 086 0319014
- Linda Delaney 086 0319017
- Aoife Guihen 086 6036050
- Karen Bowens 086 6037598
Services available in Boyle Town during Covid-19
Una Bhan Tourism & Craft Shop
Una Bhan is closed to the public, If anyone needs any essential office services, help or information Una Bhan will of course be delighted to assist - please knock on the door or call 071 966 3033.
Boyle Courtyard Market
The Market is currently closed, however Una Bhan are committed to supporting local producers and have a call and collect system in place. Payment can be made over the phone, or if this isn't possible, the correct amount must be sealed in an envelope and presented on collection. Customers will be given a time to collect their order on Saturday between 10:00am and 12:00pm to ensure social distancing. If customers are self-isolating, or have no transport, delivery can be arranged. Please message for a produce/price list, or call the office on 071 966 3033. Orders are Pre-Order only.
Cooneys Centre Boyle
In an effort to assist those who are Cocooning or in isolation during this pandemic, we will be offering a delivery service.
**Orders can be placed in the morning from 9:00am until 12:00pm, with delivery in the afternoon. (Mon to Sat). Orders taken on a Sunday will be delivered Monday afternoon.
**Ordering and payment can be done over the phone (071-9670004)
**Your order will be left at your door or whatever suits you.
Country Meats Boyle
Home deliveries to the elderly and more vulnerable if need be
Kellys Londis Supermarket
You can send your order in on any of the following methods.
What’s app: 086-8230020
Your order can be assembled for collection or delivered for Free around the Boyle Town area
Brogans Total Health Pharmacy
Please call us in advance to order you prescription OUR NUMBER IS (071) 9662044 OR (071) 9664840 OR TEXT (087) 3884208
Prescriptions can also be ordered from the total health App
We also have a delivery service every day for prescription and whatever else you may need.
Please order prescriptions over the phone 0719662003 to minimise waiting times in the pharmacy . Please allow 24-48 hours for collection of repeat prescriptions.
During this time the pharmacy is open Monday to Friday 9a.m. to 6p.m.
Phone (071) 966 2452.
Deliveries can be booked through the Supervalu app and website
Natural Options Total Helath Pharmacy
For your protection we are asking customers to ring in advance to order medications on
071- 9664321 or 085-1260724. Prescriptions can also be ordered through the totalhealth app.
Joe Simon Home, Garden, Build & Expert Electrical
The shop will be available for collection and delivery Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm for the following products: Fuel, Farm Supplies, Emergency heating and plumbing Supplies, Electrical appliances, Slat, Sanitation products including hand sanitizer and Essential home maintenance products.
If collecting your asked to phone in your order so that it can be ready for you.
Contact: 0719662236, 0851026792 or 0851026836
Tai Chi Court Restaurant
Tai Chi Court is open for Chinese Takeaways, and delivery every day 5pm-11pm (Closed Tuesdays).
Services outside of Boyle
Jigsaw have launched a free phone service where you can get in touch with Jigsaw clinicians Monday to Friday between 1 - 5 pm. We hope to offer you the help you need, if you're a young person, parent or working with young people. Jigsaw support line is now up and running on freefone 1800 JIGSAW (544 729). Text 086 180 3880 - text “call me” with your preferred day and time for a call, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Jigsaw will provide free mental health support and advice to young people aged 12 to 25 years old, and parents or concerned adults who live in the Republic of Ireland.
Extra support - Discover the different types of support Jigsaw has to offer including a free phone, text, and email service. Learn more >
Coping with cabin fever: Tom, Jigsaw clinician, talks about what we can do to mitigate cabin fever while in lockdown. Watch now >
School anxiety: We are running a webinar this evening for parents 'Helping young people deal with school and exam related anxiety.' Register here >
"Triple A" for emotions: Sinead, Jigsaw clinician, walks through a tool for managing emotions called "Triple A". Watch now >
Corona Virus Helpline for Older People: 0818 222 024. If you have concerns or queries about COVID-19 call ALONE's dedicated support link, 8:00am - 8:00pm.
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, Samaritans regret, that for the time being, we are unable to offer face to face meetings within the branch until further notice, but we will continue to operate the telephone hotline on 116123 and respond to emails at email@example.com.
Pieta HouseIn light of the recent COVID-19 developments, Pieta have put in place measures to ensure the continuity of our services and protect our staff. As a result, we have now implemented phone-based support for all clients. Please contact your Centre to confirm your appointment time with your therapist who will work with you over the phone. Tuam Pieta House - 093 25586.
If it is your first time calling a Pieta Centre our therapists will explain how we can support you over the coming weeks. Our lines may be busy so please txt HELP to 51444 (standard msg rates apply) if you have trouble getting through to us. Alternatively you can email us at Mary@pieta.ie leaving your name and contact details and we will get back to you. Our Helpline and text service operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our email response operates Monday-Friday from 8am to 8pm. Your local Suicide bereavement Liaison Service is in: Sligo / Leitrim - Anne Lynch 085 253 8638, Galway City and County - Pauline Cahillane 085 856 8082, Midlands - Bernie Carroll 086 418 0088.
Contact a social worker:
Emergency Foster Support Service:
Domestic, Sexual & Gender Based Violence Services:
Find your nearest Family Resource Centre
List of county council websites
Mental health services
Children and Young People Service Committees
Children and Young People’s Services Committees follow local authority (city and county council) boundaries and plan and co-ordinate services for children and young people aged between 0 – 24 years in their geographic area.
Ireland’s youth information website
List of support services and helplines for young people
Childline is an active listening service for young people under 18
Jigsaw is a free support service for 12-25 year olds
Youth Work Ireland
EPIC – Empowering people in care
A portal for Irish education
Shine – Supporting people affected by mental ill health
Turn2me Youth - A space for young people to find information, and explore different ways of getting through tough times.
Infromation for young children on Corona Virus
Dr Ronan Glynn answers your coronavirus questions for RTE Junior (March 6th)
How to hand wash properly:
Coronavirus information for children and young people
Remember that Boyle Family Resource Centre is available Monday to Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm and 2:00pm - 5:00pm Daily, please call us on 071-9663000 if you need any support